Depends on your email system. In Eudora  the name of the sender and
the subject appear on the IN list. Highlight and press the delete
key. In webmail the same appears on the list. Theres a box to the
left. Click on it, then scroll up to delete and click on that. If you
have spam protection you can add the offending address and it's
automatically removed.