I don’t subscribe to the notion that there’s a ‘best’ device when it comes to assistive technology – depends on the user, task, situation, size of your pockets etc. In this case one would ask things like

  • which hand?
  • How much wrist/arm movement?
  • What’s their finger dexterity like?
  • What for – e.g. does it need to be portable?
  • Mouse control via the keyboard?

There’s a few items to look at on the attached sheet.

The Cr8txt mobile phone keyboard is another option http://www.cre8txt.com/

As well as the AT suppliers like Inclusive and Keytools we buy stuff from http://www.keyboardco.com/ who are often cheaper and have a huge range of keyboards.

Some of the suppliers to sale or return to try some before they buy.

Paul

Paul D. Nisbet

Senior Research Fellow

Communication, Access, Literacy and Learning (CALL) Scotland

Moray House School of Education

University of Edinburgh

Paterson's Land, Holyrood Road

Edinburgh EH8 8AQ

Tel. 0131 651 6236     Fax 0131 651 6234

email [log in to unmask]

CALL Scotland:    http://www.callscotland.org.uk

SQA Digital Exam Papers: http://www.AdaptedDigitalExams.org.uk

The Scottish Computer Voice: http://www.theScottishVoice.org.uk