Re. Journal of the Gypsy Lore Society: Senate House Library also holds these (it changed name to Romani Studies in 2000). Series III vols. 36 & 37 should, according to our catalogue, be held in our stack. Will take an hour or two to fetch.

Chris J

-----Original Message-----
From: Society for The Academic Study of Magic [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of jacqueline simpson
Sent: 01 April 2009 13:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] History of Vampires Inquiry

Yes, JGLS is definitely the Journal of the Gypsy Lore Society. I think that the library of University College London (Gower Street, London) holds this journal. Back issues are probably in their storage warehouae and would need to by ordered a day or two in advance.

Professor T.P.Vukanovic was a Yugoslav scholar and contributed several interesting papers on magic and witchcraft to 'Folklore' in the days I was its editor, and I have heard him referred to several times as an authority on vampire beliefs among Balkan Gypsies, though I haven't myself read the article.

Jacqueline Simpson