Hi Joe,

I blogged about Edge Hill's use of Twitter last month:

http://blogs.edgehill.ac.uk/webservices/2009/02/10/what-should-edgehill-do-on-twitter/

Our low reply rate is partly because there's not a huge amount of people talking about us at the moment.  In a couple of weeks time I'm going to be running a session with interested parties to work out how we can get more engagement with social media.

Cheers,

Mike

>>> "Hoyle, Joseph N" <[log in to unmask]> 13/03/2009 10:33 >>>
More universities are beginning to use Twitter in order to extent
their communication reach. I notice that some are just sending
existing RSS feeds to their Twitter account, while others are mixing
RSS and engagement by responding to Twitter replies.

We have established a Twitter account for LSBU, but have not
publicised it as we are experimenting with it at the moment. We'd like
to add value by engaging and responding to replies.

I have 2 questions for those institutions using Twitter:

*	Some of you appear not to be responding to replies. Are you
just ignoring replies? There appears to be no setting to prevent users
replying to posts?
*	If you are responding to replies, how time consuming is this
activity, on average how many replies do you respond to per week?

Regards,

Joe Hoyle
Web Manager
Marketing Department
London South Bank University
London SE1 6LN

T: +44 (0)20 7815 6037
F: +44 (0)20 7815 6715

Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.lsbu.ac.uk <http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/>

Email has been scanned for spam and viruses by Altman Technologies' email management service

Copyright in this email and in any attachments belongs to London South Bank University. This email, and its attachments if any, may be confidential or legally privileged and is intended to be seen only by the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please note the following: (1) You should take immediate action to notify the sender and delete the original email and all copies from your computer systems; (2) You should not read copy or use the contents of the email nor disclose it or its existence to anyone else.

The views expressed herein are those of the author(s) and should not be taken as those of London South Bank University, unless this is specifically stated.

London South Bank University is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales. The following details apply to London South Bank University: Company number - 00986761; Registered office and trading address - 103 Borough Road London SE1 0AA; VAT number - 778 1116 17; Email address - [log in to unmask]

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Edge Hill University or associated companies.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible and delete it and all copies of it.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.

The message content of in-coming emails is automatically scanned to identify Spam and viruses otherwise Edge Hill University do not actively monitor content.  However, sometimes it will be necessary for Edge Hill University to access business communications during staff absence.

Edge Hill University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus free.  However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Edge Hill University for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.