________________________________

From: Managing institutional Web services
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hoyle, Joseph N
Sent: 13 March 2009 10:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Universities on Twitter

More universities are beginning to use Twitter in order to extent their
communication reach. I notice that some are just sending existing RSS
feeds to their Twitter account, while others are mixing RSS and
engagement by responding to Twitter replies.

We have established a Twitter account for LSBU, but have not publicised
it as we are experimenting with it at the moment. We'd like to add value
by engaging and responding to replies.

I have 2 questions for those institutions using Twitter:

*	Some of you appear not to be responding to replies. Are you just
ignoring replies? There appears to be no setting to prevent users
replying to posts?
*	If you are responding to replies, how time consuming is this
activity, on average how many replies do you respond to per week?

Regards,

Joe Hoyle
Web Manager
Marketing Department
London South Bank University
London SE1 6LN

T: +44 (0)20 7815 6037
F: +44 (0)20 7815 6715

Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.lsbu.ac.uk <http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/>

Email has been scanned for spam and viruses by Altman Technologies'
email management service <http://www.altmanco.uk/emailsystems/>

--
Copyright in this email and in any attachments belongs to London South
Bank University. This email, and its attachments if any, may be

The views expressed herein are those of the author(s) and should not be
taken as those of London South Bank University, unless this is
specifically stated.

London South Bank University is a company limited by guarantee
registered in England and Wales. The following details apply to London
South Bank University: Company number - 00986761; Registered office and
trading address - 103 Borough Road London SE1 0AA; VAT number - 778 1116
17; Email address - [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask] about LSBU>

registered under charity number SC000278.