Hi all,
Maybe this is of interest to some of you: A chance to talk about your research and win a prize as well. See below and attached poster for details.
Nanna

NESTA FameLab is open for entries!
Win £10,000

Share your scientific passion with the world!
Break down the barriers of science and inspire the public

We are looking for people who are studying or working in science, technology, engineering or mathematics to enter our competition to find the country's most talented communicators.

You could win:

§       £10,000
§       Cash prizes for 9 runners up
§       A '3 Minute Wonder' TV appearance on Channel 4
§       International speaking engagements
§       MasterClass training in science communication

Let's talk science!
All it takes is three minutes!
Inspire and excite our expert judges with your three minute presentation, there are two ways you can enter:

Submit a video entry, visit famelab.org for details

Audition live at one of our Regional Heats:

4       April           Manchester              Museum of Science & Industry
18     April           Bristol                       At-Bristol
25     April           London                   Wellcome Collection
28     April           Oxford                     Science Oxford
9       May            Edinburgh               Our Dynamic Earth

Grand Final:
5 June                  Cheltenham              Cheltenham Science Festival

Free presentation mini-MasterClass sessions at each heat

For full details of how you can enter, including competition closing dates and terms & conditions of entry, visit our brand new website famelab.org

The public can watch the Regional Finals for free so come along to one near you to see a showcase of the best new science communicators. Tickets to watch the Grand Final will be on sale from 30 March through the Cheltenham Science Festival, cheltenhamfestivals.com

We look forward to seeing you at NESTA FameLab 2009!

NESTA FameLab is run in the UK in partnership with NESTA (the National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts) and is supported by Channel 4 and the British Council.

Please forward this email on to anyone else who you think may be interested in NESTA FameLab.