On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Oliver Butters wrote:

> So building from source - this seems to fail for me every time too. I follow
> the instructions in the README file to compile it all. The only other option
> that I add is to setenv LDFLAGS -lncurses as this doesn't seem to get picked
> up automatically. It then manages to get to the make world stage fine, but
> fails with this message when making world:
>
> cd thirdparty/eso/skycat \
> 	  && (make && make install) >make.log 2>make.log.err || { cat make.log.err;
> false; }
> Makefile:512: warning: overriding commands for target `distclean'
> Makefile:453: warning: ignoring old commands for target `distclean'
> ./generic/util.C: In function ‘ssize_t writeUnbufferedLine(int, char*)’:
> ./generic/util.C:260: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to
> ‘char*’
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make: *** [/star/manifests/skycat] Error 1
> /star>

Hi Olly,

there's not a lot of information to go on here. Could you send me (not the
list) copies of "make.log", "make.log.err" and "config.log" from the
thirdparty/eso/skycat directory?

Also where did you get this source code from? The git repository at JAC I
hope.

Thanks,

Peter.

(BTW, I believe people have had success building under SuSE, not sure if
that's version 11)

--
Peter W. Draper, http://astro.dur.ac.uk/~pdraper