Hi David,

> I have been trying to use the SUIT tool with SPM5 to provide more precise evaluation of GM and WM differences between two groups in the cerebellum. I have followed the three stage preprocessing procedure (segmentation, normalization and reslice) as outlined in the SUIT guide and then performed a group comparison in SPM.
> Everything seems to run okay but when I look at the T-maps, the analysis has produced data outside the bounds of the SUIT (SUIT.nii) template. Does anyone have experience with this tool? At the moment I don't know whether I simply ignore the extraneous data or whether it signifies a procedural (or spatial overlay?) error. Guidance much appreciated.

I cannot really comment on what the reason may be without seeing the
iamges but remember that smoothing will blur the images with the
possible effect of producing "activations" just outside the mask
boundaries. If you want to assess the quality of the normalization,
there is no way around checking each image (you can use check reg for
that, and zoom in to assess alignment).

Best,
Marko

Marko Wilke                                            (Dr.med./M.D.)

Universitäts-Kinderklinik              University Children's Hospital
Abt. III (Neuropädiatrie)             Dept. III (Pediatric neurology)
             Hoppe-Seyler-Str. 1, D - 72076 Tübingen
Tel.: (+49) 07071 29-83416                   Fax: (+49) 07071 29-5473