We are about to start recruitment for a study of attention in Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). A large percentage of our potential ASD participants are left handed. I appreciate that trying to minimise variation in our sample is desirable but we're not aware that attention is lateralised or would be expected to be, so are there still reasons to limit our group to right handers only, bearing in mind that our control group will be right handed.

Thanks in advance,

Gordon

Gordon D. Waiter PhD CSci MIPEM CPhys MInstP
Aberdeen Biomedical Imaging Centre
Division of Applied Medicine
University of Aberdeen
Research MRI Centre