Dear Deryk,

This problem sounds familiar. If I'm right this is a case of buggy
data rather than buggy SPM code. The problem comes down to some
missing closing bracket in the .hc files (these are ASCII files in
your .ds directory). I don't remember the details but perhaps if you
examine the files you'll figure it out yourself. This problem is
present in some CTF systems with some particular version of CTF
software. Since we used CTF toolbox that we prefer not modify and this
toolbox generates the error the solution is to fix your .hc file with
a text editor and then try again.

If this is not enough for you to solve the problem, write again and
I'll try to find out more details about what you should fix.

Best,

Vladimir