Dear All,
we try to run a fMRI analysis (fixed effects) with 16 subjects
(4runs/subjects) including about 16000 volumes, using SPM5.
the resulting SPM.mat is quite big and we are unable to get it estimated...
matlab returns an error  related  to  its version (unable to save
SPM.mat , should use the 'v7' flag) but I'm not sure it is the real
problem as all is done on the same version of matlab (7.8)
At the end of the process, the SPM.mat is cleared so that I can't
explore it anymore.
But I saw that while running, the file size  grows to more than 2 GB.
Is there a size limitation for the SPM.mat?
our platform runs Linux x64 server with matlab 2009a (7.8)
Thanks for your help
Jerome

Jérôme Redouté
Ingénieur de Recherche - Université Claude Bernard - Lyon1
CERMEP - Imagerie du vivant
Centre d'Etude et de Recherche Multimodal Et Pluridisciplinaire
59 Bd Pinel
69667 Bron - FRANCE
tel : 33 (0)4 72 68 86 13 (bureau)
tel : 33 (0)4 72 68 86 00 (standard)