Dear YSL

The render images are stored as matrices within the *.mat files in the
render directory. You can look at spm_render.m to see how your t-maps
are overlayed on these matrices and rendered as images.  Clicking the
overlays button on the interactive window after displaying results
shows the renderings at the bottom of the graphics window. If you want
a bigger picture you can click the Render... > Display menu at the
bottom of the SPM Menu Window.

Using a screen capture tool and then editing the captured image is one
way to make individual figures. You could also click the SPM-Print
button on the menu, which will capture the window to a *.ps file.  You
could click on the graphics window making it the current figure and
then use Matlab's printing facility. Type help print for the command
line options. For example print -f1 -djpeg100 -r300 -noui
'myimage.jpg' will print window 1 as a jpeg with 100% quality at a
resolution of 300 dpi without the UI controls and to file myimage.jpg.
The jpeg can then be edited as you wish.

Darren