Dear Daniel and Rik,

Thank you for your replay.

I was thinking in the begging to use FIR because it could have been more
sensitive to the response shape, but in the end we decided to use the HRF
and its derivatives. We choose the HRF and its derivatives, because we were
assuming that it might be a difference in the response shape (time or
dispersion) between groups, which by using the canonical HRF alone, we could
not capture.

I have a jittered ITI (inter-trial interval) of 0.5 to 1.5s and each trial
was present on the screen for 2.5s (TR was 2.3s). In my model (1st level),
each trials was modeled as events (dur=0). I suppose that I can use the
derivatives with this setup, as my SOA (I believe is the time between two
trials, is 3-4s), or I'm wrong? I'm not sure: how exactly can I check for
the HRF shape efficiency?

Moreover, I defined a functional mask for one region of interest and
extracted the data using Marsbar, than I plotted the sum of the 3 basis
function per groups. I saw that one of the groups showed a later and lower
BOLD response that the other group. My From question comes from this point,
as I wanted to test if this difference is significant. I was thinking that
doing an F-test, as I specified earlier, it should tell me if these two
groups differ and where. Is that true or is there a different way to test
for this?

Kind regards,

Ramona