hello SPM list,

almost two years ago, i was setting up new storage for my lab, and
encountered a strange error, where NFS mounted directories would be
available from the command line, but within the SPM gui, they would
not show up at all.

i called up the mathworks and they managed to find a bug report
somewhere that said that this was a known bug, and that if i switched
to NFSv2 the problem would go away.  so i did change the NFS version
to v2, and the problem went away.

however, now i am shopping for new storage, and find that on the
product i want, NFS v2 is no longer an option, it only offers NFS v3
or v4.

what i am trying to figure out is if this bug has been worked out, or
if it is going to be a huge problem for me.

at this point, short of setting up a test server running NFS v4 and
mounting a share, i don't know how to test this, so before i start in
on that, i thought i would ask this list if it is a known issue, and
if so, if it has been fixed in any of the SPM5 updates (or in SPM8)

thanks for your help,

Lokke Highstein
Systems Manager, Program For Imaging and Cognitive Sciences (PICS)
Columbia University
212-342-0293