________________________________

From: Online forum for SEDA, the Staff & Educational Development
Association [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Celia Popovic
Sent: 04 March 2009 10:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Responses to inquiry about courses

Dear All

Thank you all for your suggestions in response to my query about the
availability of an advanced course for teaching in HE.

I thought you might find it useful to see a summary of the responses.
Basically there is little available which would really meet the needs of
my colleague, so perhaps she has identified a gap in the market, as
Aileen Morris put it, maybe what is needed is something rather like the
advanced driver course. The courses that were suggested by list members
were:

Masters in Academic Practice at King's College, London.

Ed.D programme at Northumbria

Wonder if this is something that SEDA might want to consider, or a few
of us work together cross institutions - any takers?

All the best

Celia

Dr Celia Popovic

Head of Educational Staff Development

Centre for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching

Birmingham City University

Level 2, Edge Building

Campus North

Birmingham B42 2SU