Celia,
So you know, we have an MED in Professional Practice at UCLan which is about developing the advanced critical practitioner.  We have recently taken it through HEA accreditation as part of our CPD framework and have mapped it to all descriptors.  If you are interested in more detail I am happy to share..
Ruth

Ruth Pilkington
01772 893106
University of Central Lancashire
Livesey House 211
Preston PR1 2HE

Any representations, views and/or opinions in this e-mail are those of the sender, and not necessarily of the University.  The University's e-mail facility is intended for educational purposes, and the University accepts no liability for, and shall not be bound by, the contents of any e-mail sent from its network, which do not relate to those purposes or other business of  the University.

This e-mail is confidential to and for the sole use of the addressee(s).  If you should not have received it, please notify the sender and permanently delete it: you may not print, copy, disclose, distribute or rely on it, or any part of it.

E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error free and the University does not accept liability for any errors in or amendements to the contents of this message, which arise in consequence of its transmission by e-mail.

>>> Celia Popovic <[log in to unmask]> 04/03/2009 10:13 >>>

Dear All

Thank you all for your suggestions in response to my query about the availability of an advanced course for teaching in HE.

I thought you might find it useful to see a summary of the responses. Basically there is little available which would really meet the needs of my colleague, so perhaps she has identified a gap in the market, as Aileen Morris put it, maybe what is needed is something rather like the advanced driver course. The courses that were suggested by list members were:

Masters in Academic Practice at King’s College, London.

Ed.D programme at Northumbria

Wonder if this is something that SEDA might want to consider, or a few of us work together cross institutions – any takers?

All the best

Celia

Dr Celia Popovic

Head of Educational Staff Development

Centre for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching

Birmingham City University

Level 2, Edge Building

Campus North

Birmingham B42 2SU