Celia,
So you know, we have an MED in Professional Practice at UCLan which is
about developing the advanced critical practitioner.  We have recently
taken it through HEA accreditation as part of our CPD framework and have
mapped it to all descriptors.  If you are interested in more detail I am
happy to share..
Ruth

Ruth Pilkington
01772 893106
University of Central Lancashire
Livesey House 211
Preston PR1 2HE

Any representations, views and/or opinions in this e-mail are those of
the sender, and not necessarily of the University.  The University's
e-mail facility is intended for educational purposes, and the University
accepts no liability for, and shall not be bound by, the contents of any
e-mail sent from its network, which do not relate to those purposes or
other business of  the University.

This e-mail is confidential to and for the sole use of the
addressee(s).  If you should not have received it, please notify the
sender and permanently delete it: you may not print, copy, disclose,
distribute or rely on it, or any part of it.

E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error free and
the University does not accept liability for any errors in or
amendements to the contents of this message, which arise in consequence
of its transmission by e-mail.

>>> Celia Popovic <[log in to unmask]> 04/03/2009 10:13 >>>

Dear All
Thank you all for your suggestions in response to my query about the
availability of an advanced course for teaching in HE.
I thought you might find it useful to see a summary of the responses.
Basically there is little available which would really meet the needs of
my colleague, so perhaps she has identified a gap in the market, as
Aileen Morris put it, maybe what is needed is something rather like the
advanced driver course. The courses that were suggested by list members
were:
Masters in Academic Practice at King’s College, London.
Ed.D programme at Northumbria
Wonder if this is something that SEDA might want to consider, or a few
of us work together cross institutions – any takers?
All the best
Celia

Dr Celia Popovic
Head of Educational Staff Development
Centre for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching
BirminghamCity University
Level 2, Edge Building
Campus North
BirminghamB42 2SU