Hi Stan,

We have homegrown student and staff portals with a range of services. We are looking at where we go next i.e use of GoogleApps for Timetabling. Myself and Simon Walton (Applications Architect), would be happy to share experiences etc.

Regards

Peter Datchens
Senior Manager University Applications Group
University Of Portsmouth

>>> Stan Stanier <[log in to unmask]> 05/03/2009 12:24 >>>
Dear All,

At the University of Brighton we are just embarking on our institutional
portal project.

Consequently, I'm looking for suggestions for:

1) Examples of best practice
2) Useful contacts/volunteers who we can talk to to learn from the
experience of others and understand key pitfalls/things to consider in the
planning
3) Suggestions for portal products we should consider as part of our
evaluation.

All suggestions very gratefully received!

Best wishes,

Stan