Chris,

I recall that Sinclair vehicle. I was working sometime next door to
his house in Chelsea in London then designing urban furniture for Abu
Dhabi for an architect whose office was off King's Road somewhere.
Sinclair's house was a lavish affair with indoor swimming pool and
palm trees on one level.  A better UK comparison to Steve Jobs might
be Branson at Virgin. he is more about sytems and less about gadgets.
I don't disagree with the point that Ken made about the value of an
educated society but Detroit needs more than this and they don't have
time for such a transformation. The current Ford CEO Alan Mulally
joined the company in 2006 from Boeing with no experience in the Auto
Industry.At that time Ford was in trouble but he has led a relative
turnaround compared to GM and Chrysler. That he came from outside the
industry has proved a strength. He believes change is possible.  The
culture in the US undermines social approaches. There is too much self
interest. I hope Obama may begin to overcome this. Perhaps Sinclair
was a little too ahead of his time in thinking with his vehicle.

Rob

--
Rob Curedale | President | Curedale Inc | 22148 Monte Vista Drive
Topanga Canyon CA 90290 USA | tel: +1 310.455.2636 studio |  cell: +1