Hi Ken,

As Gavin Melles wrote I am exactly interested in "designer facilitated
artisan production -- generally small scale."

My research is about how a designer's influence resonates for a long
time in the minds and practice of the makers. One simple example is,
every single master craftsman that I have worked with so far to get a
piece made (like the carpenter in the neighborhood) comes up with
"their design" after working together for while in the workshop. They
show it to me and ask me what I think about it. Finally, I started to
think that something is passing from me to them and now I am working
on it. (not only me but many other friends of mine experienced this)

I wrote about production models crossing different scales as a critique of
conventional models referred in Rod Crudale's email as "craft based"
or "innovation based" or "industrial".

Thank you for your email.
Cigdem

Alinti Ken Friedman <[log in to unmask]>