Special Issue on Parameterized Complexity of Discrete Optimization
http://www.ii.uib.no/~fomin/fedor/DO

Manuscripts are solicited for a special issue in the journal
Discrete Optimization on Parameterized Complexity of Discrete
Optimization. Parameterized algorithms are proving to be useful in
many areas of applied computing, and in many different ways. The
growing synergy of parameterized algorithmics and algorithms
engineering is targeting new application areas of Discrete
Optimization where fixed parameter tractability is leading to
novel algorithmic approaches. With this issue we wish to foster
research in this direction by exposing both new results and
promising programmatic directions for further research.

Potential topics include (but are not limited to) the following:

--- Parameterized preprocessing and kernelization
--- Parameterized  complexity of local search
--- Color coding
--- Treewidth in Discrete Optimization
--- Parameterized Discrete Optimization algorithms of practical running
    time
--- Algorithms engineering and new practical application areas of FPT
    algorithms

Papers should be submitted through the journal submission system
http://ees.elsevier.com/disopt/ The authors should indicate that the
submission is for this special issue. Submissions must be
received before September 1st, 2009. Papers will be refereed according to
the standards of Discrete Optimization. We promise to do our best to have
the refereeing finished in a timely manner.
Please contact the guest editors for additional information.

GUEST EDITORS

Mike Fellows, http://mrfellows.net
Fedor V. Fomin, http://www.ii.uib.no/~fomin/
Gregory Gutin, http://www.cs.rhul.ac.uk/~gutin/