Hi all
it's the last day of March and CRUMB will be launching a new theme
tomorrow so I just wanted to give everyone a last chance to chip into
the discussion about lab/time-based residencies and how artists/
curators are creating situations for reflection on environmental
issues and creating spaces for responding to those issues. There has
been fruitful debate about the example of the exhibition/project at
FACT, as well as, back in February, the SCANZ project in New Plymouth
NZ, the exhibition for which closed the day before yesterday.
I've clipped below the comments I found most useful from Heather's
last reply, and am remembering other comments made earlier about the
importance of facilitators, and giving the time and space necessary
for partners to be able to listen to each other. To this I welcome
you to add your knowledge and experiences to the list for what is
necessary to
1. successfully weave people together (technological or otherwise)...
[during] a time-limited residency in a specific environmental and
geographic place;
2. manage the successful delivery of projects if the artist can only
be onsite 8 days before the project launch or has to leave the day
after, or you only get access to the presenting venue two days before
the opening;
3. best respond to place when you are in a new place, with new
people, seeking to work together in a limited time-period, mindful of
existing relationships and histories and geographical constraints to
create something meaningful and lasting
Thanks
Sarah