In message <[log in to unmask]>,
Dave Linton <[log in to unmask]> writes
>On 28 Mar 2009, at 13:18, Curator wrote:
>
>> ... Apart from the Northern Mines Research Society, does any other
>>group represented on the list publish? We should all be aware of
>>each other.

I will wave the flag for Peak District Mines Historical Society (PDMHS)
- I happen to be the production editor of "Mining History", our
Bulletin.

This year is the 50th anniversary of PDMHS. We published our first
Bulletin in January 1961 and have published two a year since then.
Obviously the majority of our articles are biased towards the Peak
District, but I would guess that some 30ish percent of our output
relates to other parts of the UK (and indeed, other parts of the World).
We also have placed quite a good percentage of older Bulletin articles
as PDF's, for download, on our Website (www.pdmhs.com).

We are also lucky in that we have a local publisher (originally Moorland
Publishing, later Landmark) who has also published quite a body of work
on Peak District Mining. For a detailed overview of Peak District Mining
I would recommend Jim Rieuwerts 3 volume set from Landmark (Vol's 1 and
2 have been published, and we await Vol. 3 with bated breath).

And of course we have a Museum!!
--
David Williams