With apologies for cross posting

Please note that the closing date for this colloquium is 9 March so I would be grateful if colleagues could send me their booking forms or, at least, confirm their intention of doing so by then.

Details of the colloquium, in case they were missed first time round, follow below:

Please see below details of a 2-day colloquium to be held at the Institute of Historical Research 26-27 March 2009.  The conference fee for the day and a half (Thursday afternoon and all day Friday), to include light refreshments, but not lunch, is £25.

I would be very grateful if colleagues would be happy to put up (A4) posters in their departments/repositories and can send them plus programme details and booking forms as attachments to emails if requested.

Rosemary Hayes

Dr RCE Hayes
Honorary Visiting Research Fellow
Department of History
University of York

18 Murrayfield Drive
Edinburgh
EH12 6EB

0131 337 1385

CLERGY, CHURCH AND SOCIETY IN ENGLAND AND WALES c.1200-1800

Thursday 26 and Friday 27 March 2009

A colloquium to be held at the Institute of Historical Research, University of London, to share the results of three major research projects:

The Records of Government Taxation in England and Wales: Clerical Taxes 1173-1664 (University of York, funded by the AHRC)

The Clergy of the Church of England Database 1540 to 1835 (King's College, University of London, Universities of Kent and Reading, funded by the AHRC)

Cause Papers in the Diocesan Courts of the Archbishopric of York 1300-1858: a database project (University of York, funded by the Andrew W Mellon Foundation).

The Colloquium will encompass introductions to all three databases and related papers by

Arthur Burns

Helen Carrel

Daniel Cummins

Kenneth Fincham

Simon Harris

Maureen Jurkowski

Bronach Kane

Alison McHardy

Mark Ormrod

Nia Powell

James Sharpe

Bill Sheils

Stephen Taylor

Emma Watson

Helen Watt

For further details, contact Dr Rosemary Hayes, 18 Murrayfield Drive, Edinburgh EH12 6EB;  email [log in to unmask]

See also www.york.ac.uk/depts/hist/research/conferences.html

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]