From: Media, Communications & Cultural Studies Association (MeCCSA) - Policy Network on behalf of M Messenger Davies
Sent: Tue 17/03/2009 14:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: policy network event(s)

Dear all - at the last Meccsa executive meeting, we discussed the possibility of having a Policy Network event. Various ideas have been put forward (see notes circulated after the meccsa conference) and the exec has agreed to help with funding an event, subject to a reasonable proposal and budget being submitted.

Jonathan Breckon, Director of Policy and PUblic Affairs at the AHRC attended and spoke to the last Exec meeting - and raised a number of policy issues being discussed within the AHRC. A consultation document about future directions for the ARHC is being reviewed by Meccsa at the moment and Peter Golding is inviting responses from members. See tp://www.ahrc.ac.uk/About/Policy/Documents/Future%20Directions.pdf

Jonathan - I know you're on this list; some of us thought that it would be good to have a policy network meeting to discuss some of the issues you raised. This could perhaps be in London?

What do others think? Could anyone volunteer a venue?

(This does not preclude other ideas proposed for network meetings, including one proposed to take place in Glasgow later in the year.)

best wishes

Máire MD

Professor Máire Messenger Davies
Director, Centre for Media Research
http://www.arts.ulster.ac.uk/media/cmr.html
Director, Media Studies Research Institute, http://www.arts.ulster.ac.uk/research/media_studies/index.htm

School of Media, Film & Journalism
University of Ulster at Coleraine
Cromore Rd
Coleraine BT52 1SA
Northern Ireland

Telephone: + 44(0)28 70324069
Fax:  +44(0)28 70324964
email: [log in to unmask]

Please visit this page to browse list's archives, or to join or leave the list.