Kathy Harman wrote:

> I'm also really interested in the call for a centralised listing of core
> data that Jon talked about, so I will be keeping my eye out for
> developments of this type! It could have saved me a lot of time!

I'm not quite sure what is meant by 'centralised' here or how that'd work -
it's probably just best to expose geo data for museums in as many places as
possible in as many formats as possible.

Google collates geo data from wherever it can find it, in the same way that
it builds its regular search index. Only this morning, they announced that
they're 'blending' in even more user-generated data:
http://google-latlong.blogspot.com/2009/03/will-it-blend-yes.html. The
drop-down options on their search also includes 'mapped web pages' and
'related maps'

One quick way of publishing the location of your museum is to include <meta
name=“geo.position” content="50.167958;-97.133185”> in your web pages.

Frankie

--
Frankie Roberto
Experience Designer, Rattle