Kathy Harmanwrote:

> Hi everyone, I hoping that someone can advise me on an issue we're
> > experiencing with Google Earth.
> > I've been asked to check that our Museums (and Country Parks etc.)
> > appear on Google Earth and noticed that, for example, Bosworth
> > Battlefield has about 8 different entries - only one of which is in
> > the correct geographical place and only one of which has the correct
> > name "Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre and Country Park".
> > I think the problem stems from the Google Earth entries being fed from
> > various different websites, each using User Generated Content (UGC),
> > so perhaps mistakes are inevitable?
> > Has anyone else noticed this problem and how have they dealt with it?

As I understand it, Google Earth searches use the same index as Google Maps
- ie it's the same as searching http://maps.google.co.uk/ for "Bosworth
Battlefield", which gives 145 different results.  The data comes from Google
indexing web pages (if you click 'more info' on any of the results you can
see which website it came from), so it's user-generated in one sense.

There's not much you can do about the additional, incorrect entries.
However, it might be worth explicitly adding your museums/sites to Google
using this form: http://www.google.com/local/add/splashPage?hl=en-US&gl=US

You can also see user 'reviews' via Google Maps - worth reading!

Frankie

--
Frankie Roberto
Experience Designer, Rattle

Sent from: Sheffield Sheffield United Kingdom.