I have listed below a number of old books that we can offer to give to list members. These are likely to be of historic interest only, but if I think that a few might be classic texts in the medical field. All of them are hardback editions, in reasonable condition. If you would like me to send you any of these titles, please contact me using the details at the bottom of this e-mail. The only cost we will ask for is postage.

Brewer, C. - Liverpool Royal infirmary 1887-1978. Liverpool AHA 1980.
Wells, C. - Scientific foundations of surgery. William Heinemann, London, 1967.
Jellett, H. - A short practice of midwifery for nurses, 12th ed. J&A Churchill Ltd, London, 1942.
Coope, R. - The quiet art: a doctors anthology. E&S Livingstone Ltd, Edinburgh, 1952.
University of Liverpool - lectures on clinical ophthalomology. [no other author, publisher or date included, probably from 1940's.]
Dilling, W.J. - The pharmacology and therapeutics of the materia medica. 17th Rev.Ed. Cassell, London, 1942.
Osler, W. - Selected writings of Sir William Osler. Oxford University Press, London, 1951.
Waddington, D.J. - Organic Chemistry. Mills & Boon, London, 1968.
Harvey, W. - De Motu Cordis. [Trans. KJ Franklin.] Blackwell, Oxford, 1957.
Johnston, T.B. - A synopsis of regional anatomy. 4th ed. J&A Churchill, London, 1939.
Guthrie, D. - A History of medicine. Thomas Nelson & Sons, London, 1945.
Chamberlain, E.N. - Symptoms and signs in clinical medicine. 7th ed. John Wright & sons, Bristol, 1961.
Roxburgh, A.C. - Common skin diseases. HK Lewis & Co., London, 1944.
Zinsser, H. - Rats lice and history. George Routledge & Sons, London, 1935.
Major, R.H. - Classic descriptions of disease with biographical sketches of the authors. 3rd ed. Blackwell, Oxford, 1948.
MacMichael, W. - The Gold Headed Cane. Royal College of Physicians, London, 1968. [facsimile ed.]
Samson Wright - Applied Physiology 7th ed. Oxford University Press, 1940.
Munn, N.L. - Psychology: the fundamentals of human adjustment. 2nd ed. George Harrap & Co., London, 1951
Ashdown, A.M. - A Complete system of nursing. J.M. Dent & Sons Ltd, London, 1939.
Hill, A.B. - Principles of medical statistics. Lancet Ltd, London, 1961.
Pearce, E.C. - Anatomy and physiology for nurses. 5th ed. Faber & Faber, 1940.
McDougall, W. - Psychology: study of behaviour. Williams and Norgate, London, 1912.
Jamieson, E.B. - Illustrations of anatomy for nurses. E&S Livingstone, Edinburgh, 1938.

I hope some of these will be of use to someone, as otherwise they will have to go for recycling. Thank you for your help.

John Coulshed
Librarian
Greater Manchester West Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
Trust Library
Prestwich Hospital
Bury New Road
Manchester M25 3BL
Tel/Fax: 0161 772 3618
Visit the Library web page at:
www.gmw.nhs.uk/C18/Library/default.aspx

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you have received this message in error, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.  Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from your system.  Remember that emails sent or received by our staff may be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.

Greater Manchester West Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust