My guess is that it's something to do with lesbian-gay-bisexual-transgender. It's the v that confuses me (mind, JML always does speak cryptically - or is it just that he believes in leaving work for the reader to do?!).

-----Original Message-----
From: A general Library and Information Science list for news and discussion. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Kane
Sent: 01 March 2009 12:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: (ll) lgbt unions

What does LGBVT stand for?

2009/3/1 Lindsay, John M <[log in to unmask]>:
> At the UCU meeting in Manchester, or personchester, yesterday, we
> undertook to start the process now for organising trades unions and
> lgbvt history month last year
>

> My first test was tuc lgbt and that produced rather a gold mine, which
> is one up for search science
>
> If anyone on this list is a trades union activist and interested in
> doing lgbt, that is one for an and, please let me know.

> Security System.

LEGAL INFORMATION
Information contained in this e-mail may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the information contained in this e-mail & any files transmitted with it are intended for the recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance upon it. If you have received this e-mail in error, you should notify the sender immediately and delete this email. Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Tyne Metropolitan College unless explicitly stated otherwise.
This e-mail and attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving Tyne Metropolitan College. Tyne Metropolitan College will not be liable for any losses as a result of any viruses being passed on.