From: Repositories discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dirk Pieper
Sent: Saturday, 7 March 2009 12:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: AuseSearch

Dear Arthur,

you asked for similar facilities. The "BASE-Advanced-Search"
(http://www.base-search.net/index.php?i=a ) offers the possibility to
restrict your search for example to german repositories only. Today I find
1,582,527 documents from german repositories, which are almost completely
indexed in BASE.

We are currently preparing a country wide search service, which means, that we
are simply matching the location of a repository to a new field in our index.
Together with an already existing BASE API, which gives third party
applications the possibilty to run queries againts the BASE index according
to CQL-Standard and get back data in XML, you will be able to build your own
search interface (without advertising ;-) ...). Please contact me, if you are
interested, almost all registered australian repositories should be in BASE
too. It could be also possible, to start country queries from a repository
map like

http://base.ub.uni-bielefeld.de/en/about_sources_map.php?menu=2&submenu=1

A BASE search box is as simple as that

<form action="http://www.base-search.net/index.php" method="get"
accept-charset="UTF-8">
    <input maxlength="1024" name="q" type="text" size="40" />
    <input value="Search!" type="submit" />
    <input value="all" name="s" type="hidden" />
</form>

A form only for german repositories

<form action="http://www.base-search.net/index.php" method="get"
accept-charset="UTF-8">
    <input maxlength="1024" name="q" type="text" size="40" />
    <input value="Search!" type="submit" />
    <input value="all" name="s" type="hidden" />
    <input type="hidden" name="s[de_eu_ww][ ]" id="de_eu_ww_de" value="de" />
</form>

You can also create forms including the additional use of lemmatizing or
multilingual search ...

Kind regards
Dirk