*** Apologies for cross-posting ***

Dear Colleagues,

The Repositories Support Project (RSP) is pleased to announce the results of a survey of repository software solutions that it conducted in association with the Repositories Software Day it held in Manchester in March 2009. We gave the questionnaire to all the software suppliers present, and received responses for nine products: CONTENTdm, Digital Commons, DigiTool, DSpace, EPrints, Fedora, intraLibrary, Open Repository, and VITAL.

The results can be viewed at: http://www.rsp.ac.uk/software/surveyresults. These are presented as a comparative table, with links to data sheets and further information for individual products.

The questionnaire covered about 50 points, under headings such as:
  • Supported Item Types
  • User Interface Functions
  • User Validation
  • Software Platforms & Dependencies
  • Machine-to-Machine Interoperability
  • Administrators' Functions
  • Documentation & Help
  • Services
  • Exemplar Repositories
Suppliers were asked to distinguish between features that are available now in the current release of their software, and features that are still undergoing testing or or planned for the future.

We hope repository managers will find the survey results useful, especially if they are in the process of specifying a new repository.

Regards

Peter Millington

SHERPA Technical Development Officer
Greenfield Medical Library, University of Nottingham, Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, England
Phone: +44 (0)115 84 68481

This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses, which could damage your computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.