Hi everyone,

I've just got a new job at LSE and we are now in the process of trying to recruit someone to replace my current post. If you're interested at all feel free to contact me especially if you've got any questions.

I can tell you that it's a great place to work and a really good job. Please pass it on to anyone who may be interested.

Michelle

Library

Assistant Librarian (E-Services)

Salary: £31,711 - £38,391 pa incl with potential to progress to £41,320 pa incl

The Library is at the heart of LSE, one of the world's greatest social science universities, and serves a vibrant community of students and staff in the centre of London.  The Library has a high reputation both nationally and internationally for its extensive print collections, its involvement in innovative projects and its high quality services.  An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Information Services Division and contribute to the development of the Library's electronic information services, with a particular focus on the institutional repository - LSE Research Online (http://eprints.lse.ac.uk).

In this post you will be responsible for carrying out research and investigation into a wide range of electronic library services and will help to implement services through project development and continuous service enhancement.  You will be part of a team developing the institutional repository, playing a key role in the management and expansion of the service.

You will be educated to at least degree level or equivalent, with experience of managing and promoting electronic information services. You should be an excellent communicator with a proven ability to relate to a wide range of users and academic colleagues. You will be able to work under pressure and on your own initiative as well as being an effective team member. Experience of working with institutional or digital repositories would be an advantage.

We offer a final salary pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent development and training opportunities.

For further details can be obtained at www.lse.ac.uk/jobsaslse. Alternatively, please telephone 020 7955 6183 or email [log in to unmask]   Please quote reference: 37/08/MR

Applications must be received by 5:30 pm on 3rd April 2009

For information about LSE and its Library, please visit www.lse.ac.uk <http://www.lse.ac.uk/>

We value diversity and wish to promote equality at all levels

Michelle Blake
Assistant Librarian (EServices)
10 Portugal Street
London  WC2A 2HD

t: +44(0)20 7955 6020
f: +44(0)20 7955 7454
e: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
w: www.lse.ac.uk/library