TRAVEL IN THE RENAISSANCE

Papers are sought that address the discourse of travel, identity and the individual in the Renaissance. We seek papers about travel, travelers, pilgrimages, cartography, etc.. We would like to see papers from a wide range of theoretical and cultural perspectives.

Possible topics include:

cartography, talking maps
manuscripts
memoirs
orientalism
pilgrimage
travel accounts
literary travels
imaginary travels (see also my CFP for imaginary cities)
travel and identity formation
travel and languages
travel and the construction of the other
travel theory
travel, alienation and displacement
women's travel

If you need audiovisual equipment, please indicate your requirements in your submission.

Please submit a 150-word abstract for a 20-minute paper, plus a one-page CV. Submissions will only be accepted if pasted in the body of an email message (regretfully, no attachment will be opened). Please include your email address and institutional contact information and send the proposal to the organizer Cristina Perissinotto, [log in to unmask], with the subject line "Venice RSA", by May 3rd.
********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html