From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. on behalf of Richard Ellam
Sent: Mon 23/03/2009 13:53
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Conservation workshop

Hi Katrina and all

I developed a number of ideas for hands-on activities around the theme of Conservation for SLIME, the South East Regional Museums and Science network thingy ( Can't remember the official description). These covered activities such as pot-repairing, looking for fingerprints on handled objects (cotton gloves...), protection from UV light and dendrochronology.

If these would be of any use I can dig out the notes I wrote for SLIME and send them to you as PDFs

Hope this helps

Richard Ellam

Richard Ellam
L M Interactive
Science Shows and Hands-On Stuff
tel/fax 01761 412 797

	I am hoping to develop a workshop with a member of our conservation team for museum club. This is children aged 7-15years. Through various activities the participants will learn about the work of the conservator, covering preventative care of collections as well as bench work. We hope whatever we come up with could be adapted for different audiences.
	Has anyone done anything similar, or come across a case study? I'd be grateful for any thoughts.
	All the best
	Katrina

	Katrina Siliprandi
	Head of Learning and Access Department