Hi Mark,

It seems that the transformation is making very little difference to the positions
of the ROI. If you overlay both the transformed and untransformed ROI, they are pretty
much identical. Also if I overlay the ROI onto the subject's brain, it is not
within the brain, let alone on the anatomical areas I am looking for.

Here are the exact commands I am using (within the GUI):

I initially register the BET subject's structural to the MNI brain, with 12 parameter model.

/usr/local/fsl/bin/flirt -in /kki/g1/jgalea1/eike_brain.nii.gz -ref /usr/local/fsl/data/standard/MNI152_T1_2mm_brain -out /kki/g1/jgalea1/eike_brain_reg.nii.gz -omat /kki/g1/jgalea1/eike_brain_reg.mat -bins 256 -cost corratio -searchrx -90 90 -searchry -90 90 -searchrz -90 90 -dof 12  -interp trilinear

Then invert the transform

/usr/local/fsl/bin/convert_xfm -omat /kki/g1/jgalea1/eike_brain_reg_inv.mat -inverse /kki/g1/jgalea1/eike_brain_reg.mat

Apply inverted transform onto my ROI (ppc, this was created using the MNI brain), using the subjects head (with skull) as my reference volume

/usr/local/fsl/bin/flirt -in /kki/g1/jgalea1/PPC.nii -applyxfm -init /kki/g1/jgalea1/eike_brain_reg_inv.mat -out /kki/g1/jgalea1/eike_PPC.nii -paddingsize 0.0 -interp trilinear -ref /kki/g1/jgalea1/eike_head.nii.gz

thanks for any help you may be able to give me,
Joe

>>> Mark Jenkinson <[log in to unmask]> 03/01/09 3:43 AM >>>
Hi,

All of these sound fine in principle.
I cannot help without more information.
What is going wrong?
How are you assessing the results?
What are the exact commands that you are using?

All the best,
	Mark