Yes, Matt: in principle you could try to do a first pass with 6 parameters and apply those
rotations to the gradient directions.  The problem I see with it is that since the SNR of the
diffusion-weighted images is so low, and the contrast is so different from the b=0 image,
you would have to make sure the motion correction does the right thing (i.e., I wouldn't
just script it and think that it will do the right thing).

Regarding whether or not it will make a difference or not, it depends on how much your
subject moved: I would bet that if your subject tipped his/her head a few degrees, it will
make a significant difference in the fibertracking results (maybe for the FA it won't
matter too much).

-Pablo