Dear Martin,

If the subject moves, rotating the bvecs is the correct thing to do, since
the rotated directions are those along which the diffusion encoding
gradients were actually applied.  In that sense, it can't hurt you.

However, eddy_correct doesn't correct just for motion, but also for
eddy-current image distortions.  The distortion correction is an image
artifact, not actual motion, so the diffusion gradients will still be acting
along the same direction with respect to the subject's brain.  Therefore,
you should only be correcting the bvecs for the motion component.
Unfortunately, eddy_correct doesn't distinguish between them, so it is
impossible to differentiate.

Best,

-Pablo

Thinking of a situation where the rotation could hurt you