Hi Steve,

That really clarified it, thank you! I have a couple more questions:

1. Is there a way to perform cluster-based thresholding in FSLView?
2. Which method does the cluster function use?

Thank you,
Lin

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 05:30:20 +0000, Steve Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi, the reason that just thresholding voxelwise the zstat image
>doesn't look like thresh_zstat is probably because you chose a
>different method than voxelwise thresholding in FEAT  ;-)
>
>If you chose cluster-based thresholding then only clusters large
>enough to be significant will have been included in thresh_zstat - so
>that's not the same as just thresholding voxelwise in FSLView.
>
>Cheers.
>

>On 5 Mar 2009, at 00:57, Lin Nga wrote:
>
>> Liam
>>
>> Typing 2.3 into the min box works just fine. My question is just,
>> why is it
>> that for the same given range, my zstat does not look like my
>> thresh_zstat
>> image? From my understanding, thresh_zstat is the thresholded z
>> statistics
>> image and zstat is the raw z statistics image; is this wrong? If I
>> play
>> around with the threshold with the zstat image, does this not tell me
>> anything significant?
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> Lin
>>
>> On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 16:40:34 -0800, Nestor, Liam (Contractor)
>> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> Lin
>>>
>>> Overlay the thresh_zstat. When you do this, your underlay image
>>> should be
>> entirely covered by (but you should able to see signs of clusters
>> underneath). Now type 2.3 into the min box. Does typing 2.3 (your z
>> stat
>> threshold as used in FEAT) still leave the brain very covered in
>> activity?
>> If so, playing around with the min value (e.g., try typing 2.81
>> which is
>> p=0.005) might give you a better idea of thresholding for an
>> additiona/futurel FEAT analysis.
>>>
>>> Your axial (horizontal) image map in fslview should look like that
>>> in the
>> report. I have just checked some of my files to confirm this.
>>>
>>> Liam.
>>>

>>> *******************************************
>>> Liam Nestor, Ph.D
>>> Office C8-523
>>> Laboratory for Molecular Neuroimaging
>>> Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior
>>> 760 Westwood Plaza
>>> Los Angeles 90024
>>> Tel: 310-206-0655
>>> E-mail: [log in to unmask]

>>> 2.3 and 3.4 respectively ), this does not look anything like the feat
>>> report. If I want to play around with the threshold to see if this