From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lin Nga [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 4:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] Discrepancies between feat output and fslview

Hi Liam,

Thank you for your response. Typing 2.3 into the min box does indeed make
the image look like the feat output but that wasn't really my main
confusion. What I'd like to know is that if I overlay the raw zstat file and
change the min and max threshold to reflect those given in the feat report (
2.3 and 3.4 respectively ), this does not look anything like the feat
report. If I want to play around with the threshold to see if this affects
my results, should I not be doing so with the zstatX.nii.gz and use
thresh_zstatX.nii.gz instead? But isn't the thresh_zstatX.nii.gz image a
result of thresholding at 2.3?

Thanks,
Lin

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 14:49:12 -0800, Nestor, Liam (Contractor)
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Lin
>
>I think what is happening here is you are thresholding at 2.3 in your FEAT
analyses; the end product of which is a FEAT report telling you that the
range is from 2.3 (min) to 3.4 (max).

>When you overlay your thresholded zstat file on top of your 152MNI, you
need to type 2.3 into the min box provided.

>Try doing this and see what happens.
>
>Liam.

>Liam Nestor, Ph.D
>Office C8-523
>Laboratory for Molecular Neuroimaging
>Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior
>760 Westwood Plaza
>Los Angeles 90024
>Tel: 310-206-0655
>E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Nga [[log in to unmask]]
>Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 2:47 PM
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: [FSL] Discrepancies between feat output and fslview
>
>I also want to add a couple more thing I noted. I opened up the thresh_zstat
>in fslview, which should look like what is displayed on the feat report (and
>it does as expected), and the threshold ranges from 0 to 2.9. Why does the
>range on the feat report say 2.3 to 3.4 when the thresholded image goes from
>0 to 2.9? Could someone please explain what is going on here?
>
>Thanks for the help,
>Lin
>
>On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 21:38:13 +0000, Lin Nga <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>Hi everyone,
>>
>>I am looking at one zstat image for one cope of a group analysis. I have the
>>zstat overlay the bg_image in fslview and I adjusted the threshold to match
>>that of the feat output (in my case 2.3 to 3.4). What I see in fslview does
>>not look like what I see in the feat output. What is wrong here? Shouldn'
>>the two look the same? Am I looking at the wrong statistical image?
>>
>>Thank you so much,
>>Lin
>
>IMPORTANT WARNING:  This email (and any attachments) is only intended for
the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
information that is privileged and confidential.  You, the recipient, are
obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner.
Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject
you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient,
please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from
your computer.