If you only use only the thalamic seed and cortical target in one hemisphere, I would be surprised if you got much in the other hemisphere.  If you still have that issue, even when using the white matter mask below, you could put a single slice mask across the corpus callosum and call it with the –avoid argument (I think this is exclusion in the GUI?).

Peace,

Matt.

From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Marenco, Stefano (NIH/NIMH) [E]
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] probtrackx and thalamocortical tracts

I am trying to detect only the tract between the thalamus and the PFC. I will run the program again as a single seed mask (thalamus) and the PFC being the cortex.

The other masks I would like to use are termination or exclusion masks to constrain further the fibertracking (e.g. to one hemisphere). Stefano