Hi again Steve et al

I have a little bit more evidence related to the problem that I thought I would share, given that you mentioned you are surprised that the dofs are changing the end-slice behaviour.
-sometimes increasing the paddingsize helps, but sometimes it doesn't
-even when I use dof = 7, the end slices look fine (the problem only occurs for dof = 6)
-it is always the most inferior slice
-the problem is worsened at higher b-values (larger parts of the most inferior slice are cut off, again only with dof = 6)

Given the last point, I am wondering if this is more of a problem with using flirt on volumes with very low signal, rather than a problem with movement in my data?  I'm very interested to hear any thoughts people might have. Would it be better to just run flirt on my b = 0 images, and interpolate the motion corrections on the intervening diffusion weighted images?

Thanks again!

Erin

Hi - I'm a little surprised that you would get different end-slice
behaviour in the dof=6 and 12 cases, but if this is just due to very
slight rotations out of volume then you can reduce that with the -
paddingsize option. I would not use mcflirt as it is not at all
optimised for this scenario.

Cheers.