----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Anna Barnes
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Julian Henty
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 1:38 PM
Subject: please forward to FSL list for me and change subject heading to: FSLVBM image input

Dear FSL users,
I have just started using the FSLVBM tools and I need some clarification regarding image inputs.  I've used fsl_vbm_bet1 -N to do the first level of processing on my MPRAGE images but on inspecting the results I find that the *_struc_cut.nii  images have the LH side of the face removed and lots of neck remaining and the *_struc_brain.nii still having lots of neck left although most of the skull has been stripped.  I assume that the first *struc_cut.nii step is suppose to remove most of the neck.  The MPRAGE images are collected in sagittal orientation and FSLview displays them with all the correct orientation labels (A,P,S,I,L,R). Do I need to re-slice images into transaxial orientation before using the VBM scripts?

thanks
Anna

--
Anna Barnes, PhD
Research Associate (+441223 764676)

Brain Mapping Unit (Sir William Hardy Bldg.)
Dept. of Psychiatry.
c/o Experimental Psychology
University of Cambridge.
Downing Site, Downing St.