From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of cathyliu
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [FSL] asymmetires

Hi,

We want to compare the structural asymmetries between the right and left hemisphere by probabilistic tractography. We still have some concerns: if the size of the masks will have an effect on the results? For example, a big mask will have more tracts, and in fact we couldn't make the masks exactly the same on the both sides. The second, for comparing the results, if it is necessary to do the normalization and what is the function of normalization? In one of your emails, it mentioned that:

My understanding is that dividing by the waytotal is the way to normalize
across subjects as best as you can. Then you could threshold at some
fractional proportion of the waytotal and binarize. This should give you
the most similar spatial distributions across subjects. However, I think
that this method is less useful when you are making comparisons within a
brain, for example between the same pathway in the two hemispheres, when you
are interested in pathway asymmetries for example.

So what is the best method, if we are interested in pathway asymmetries?

Best Regards,

Yan

MSN装进手机,更多聊天乐趣等你挖掘! 立刻下载!