Hi Katie,

I would avoid reorienting some of the FA images beforehand...
What you can do is to edit your tbss_2_reg script. Line #96, you can change the fsl_reg options to specify flirt ones:
echo "$FSLDIR/bin/fsl_reg $g $f ${g}_to_$f -e -flirt "-flirtoptionyouwant" -FA" >> .commands

or just run: $FSLDIR/bin/fsl_reg $g $f ${g}_to_$f -e -flirt "-flirtoptionyouwant" -FA
if there are only a couple of brains that requires this pre-processing.

Cheers,
Gwenaelle