Hi Steve,

The simple averaging scheme did not yield good results. Looks like I have to go the hard way and work with mesh representations to find the average shape from the segmentations.

The FIRST website says that
"The manual labels are parameterized as surface meshes and modelled as a point distribution model. Deformable surfaces are used to automatically parameterize the volumetric labels in terms of meshes; the deformable surfaces are constrained to preserve vertex correspondence across the training data."

This is exactly what I want. I have a set of volumetric labels which I want to parameterize and find the average volumetric label. How can I go about this  ? Also I hear there is going to be a new patch for FIRST. Are there any plans for new tools to be updated to FIRST_UTILS which can perform this function?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
Jayanth.