Hi Todd,

Sorry not to be clear.  The standard approach in FSL does not account for the amplitude bias described by Vince's paper - it assumes that the td does not affect the amplitude.

Vince does not propose performing an F-test across the evs, but to test a nonlinear contrast of the two pes, sign(b1)*sqrt(b1^2+b2^2), that reflects the overall amplitude.

The core FEAT routines are designed for linear contrasts, so you cannot use them to generate the contrasts and perform the stats.  The nonlinear contrasts could be easily generated with fslmaths, however.

Eugene