From: Chris Samuel
Sender: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library
To: [log in to unmask]
ReplyTo: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library
Sent: 30 Mar 2009 05:33
Subject: [FSL] Question about FSL licensing

Hi all,

I've tried to find a contact address on the FSL website
but failed, so apologies if this isn't the correct forum..

We're a not-for-profit HPC center in Melbourne and one
of our users from Melbourne University wants us to install
FSL for her.

Problem is that I'm worried that part 4 of the FSL license
will prevent us from helping her, it says:

# You are not permitted under this Licence to use
# this Software commercially. Use for which any
# financial return is received shall be defined
# as commercial use, and includes  [...]
# (4) use of the Software to provide any service
# to an external organisation for which payment is
# received.

Our member universities pay a fixed price subscription
each year to cover all their usage - is that model acceptable
for this or are we disqualified from offering it here ?

All the best,
Chris

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange