Here's what I have so far, combining titles suggested by film-philosophers, and titles I had seen and other titles I've gleaned by searching the internet.  (I've put a star by the ones that obviously fit - and I'm most interested for now in Western Philosophers - and a question mark next to things that are dubious for my purposes, since what I'm really looking for are prominent representations of philosophers AS philosophers, not just characters who happen to be philosophers by profession or degree -- and I'm not really that interested in PBS style educational programs on philosophers).  Anything obvious or important that I'm missing?

Philosophers on film:

Features:
*Another Woman (Marion as Heidegger scholar)
*Wittgenstein, dir. by Derek Jarman
?Annie Hall (Marshall McLuhan as himself)
*Crimes and Misdemeanors (Professor Louis Levy, modelled after Primo Levi?)
*Waking Life (Robert Solomon as himself)
*Vivre sa Vie (Brice Parain as himself)
*Sartre, l'age des Passions (fictional French TV series about Sartre and Beauvoir)
?Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (Socrates)
?Sideways (ex-husband of Madsen's character is a philosophy professor, she states that the reason their marriage fell apart is b/c she gradually realized he was a 'fraud')
?Matrix: Reloaded and Matrix: Revolutions (Cornel West as council member)
?Slacker (Louis Mackey as anarchist)
*When Nietzsche Wept
*Al di la del bene e del male (Beyond Good and Evil), 1977, dir. by Liliana Cavani
*Le Socrate, dir. Robert Lapoujade (1968)
*Socrate (1971), dir. Roberto Rossellini
*Blaise Pascal (1972), dir. Roberto Rossellini
*Agostino d'Ippona (1972), dir. Roberto Rossellini
*Cartesius (1974), dir. Roberto Rossellini
*Conte de Printemps/Tale of Springtime, dir. Eric Rohmer (Jeanne as a philosophy teacher)
*Iris, dir. Richard Eyre (about Iris Murdoch)
*Tom and Viv, dir. Brian Gilbert (about T.S. Eliot and wife Vivian Haigh-Wood)
*The Passion of Ayn Rand, dir. by Christopher Menaul
?Flight from Destiny (1941), dir. Vincent Sherman (about a philosophy professor who is going to die and decides to kill someone who harms society)
?Losing Ground, 1982, dir. Kathleen Collins (about a Black American female philosophy professor whose husband is cheating on her and she decides to explore.)
*I Heart Huckabees, dir. David O. Russell
?Lost in Translation, dir. Sophia Coppola

Documentaries:
*Zizek!, dir. Astra Taylor
*The Pervert's Guide to the Cinema, dir. Sophie Fiennes
*Derrida, dir. Kirby Dick and Amy Kofman
*The Examined Life, dir. Astra Taylor
*The Ister
*Sartre by Himself
McLuhan's Wake
A Voice in the Wilderness: Edward Abbey
*Dias de Nietzsche em Turim, dir. Julio Bressane
The Last Dream of Maurice Merleau-Ponty
Disorder is 20 Years Old, (with Sartre and Beauvoir)
*A Wonderful Life (about Wittgenstein), dir. by Christopher Sykes
A Parliament of Minds: Philosophy for a New Millenium (2000), Michael Tobias
Philosophy: A Guide to Happiness, (with Alain de Botton) (2000 TV)
Cognoscenti: The Admirable Life of Eli Khamarov (1996)
Guide to the Perplexed (2006), on Moses Maimonides, dir. by Yigal Bursztyn
The Great Philosophers (1987), BBC Mini-series, Brian Magee
Aime Cesaire: A Voice for History
A State of Blackness: Aime Cesaire's Way
Leopold Sedar Sengor
Un Chant Negre, Leopold Sedar Senghor
Lumieres Noires
Un Bandung culturel: le congres des ecrivains et artistes noirs en 1956
* * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon. * Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com Contact: [log in to unmask] **