Call for papers: "Haver we ever been 'post'? The critiques of
sociological knowledge" / BSA Theory Study Group and Sociology
Department at Warwick

To whom it may concern,

Please find attached details of the forthcoming Conference "Have we ever
been 'post'? The critiques of sociological knowledge" jointly organized
by the BSA Theory Study Group and the Sociology Department, University
of Warwick, UK. It would be appreciated if you could advertise this
event among ESA members.

Kind regards,

Rodrigo Cordero Vega
__________________________
Department of Sociology
University of Warwick
Social Studies Building, Room B1.35
http://go.warwick.ac.uk/rodrigocordero

CALL FOR PAPERS
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED! 23rd MARCH 2009

The British Sociological Association Theory Study Group in collaboration
with the Department of Sociology, University of Warwick, invite to
submit abstracts for the conference: "Have We Ever Been 'Post'? The
Critiques of Sociological Knowledge"

17th-18th September 2009
Wolfson Research Exchange Space,University of Warwick

Visit the conference website:
http:/go.warwick.ac.uk/bsatheorygroupconference

1. Participant speakers:
Keynotes: Professor Steven Seidman (State University of New York at
Albany) and Professor Liz Stanley (University of Edinburgh)

Confirmed Speakers: Professor Les Back (Goldsmiths), Dr Gurminder K.
Bhambra (Warwick), Robert Fine (Warwick), Professor Steve Fuller
(Warwick), Professor John Holmwood (Birmingham), Professor Gregor
McLennan (Bristol), Professor Stevi Jackson (York)

2. Abstract submission:
Abstracts of no more than 250 words will be accepted until 23rd March
2009. To submit an abstract complete the official form and send it to
[log in to unmask] A decision will be communicated no
later than 17th April 2009.

The conference welcomes traditional paper presentations as well as other
formats, including visual or audio materials.

Accepted papers will be considered for publication in an edited volume
after the conference.