From: "Paul Cullen" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 3:18 PM
Subject: [EPNL] 2010 names conference in Nottingham

Dear all,

The conference described below will interest EPNL folk.

To see an attractive flyer rather than my cut-and-paste effort, click
on 'Perceptions first flyer' in the 'Files Area' of our homepage:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/epnl

Cheers,
Paul

Perceptions of Place: English place-name study and regional variety

Institute for Name-Studies, University of Nottingham

Wednesday 23 – Sunday 27 June 2010

This is advance notice of an international conference to be held in
association
with the English Place-Name Society. Topics will include:

• differences in naming practices in different regions of England
• relations with place-names in neighbouring countries
• place-names and dialectal variation
• reassessments of varying methodological and disciplinary approaches
to place-names
o linguistic
o historical
o topographical
o archaeological

A call for papers will be sent out later in the autumn. Further details will
in due
course be available at: www.nottingham.ac.uk/english/ins